Our dedicated group of North Hawaiʻi Drug-Free Coalition (NHDFC) volunteer leaders collaborate to prevent and reduce substance abuse in support of healthy youth in North Hawaiʻi. Representing twelve interest sectors, the NHDFC team works with community partners to design culturally sensitive environmental strategies to accomplish specific goals that address the current trends and needs of Hawaiʻi youth.
To review recent ads and editorial, visit our media site.
Some of the NHDFC accomplishments include:
- Distribution of Resource Cards with local substance abuse referral contacts.
- Five years of consistent monthly radio and print messages and articles to help support parents and provide resources addressing substance abuse issues.
- Youth leader development including sponsoring local teens to attend national trainings.
- Capacity building training by national experts for community health organizations statewide.
- Conduct annual local student surveys to gather data on trends and attitudes.